Breakfast Fruit Salad
Actually, this is great any time of the day!
1 ripe mango
175g/6oz sweet seedless grapes
2 kiwi fruits
1 ruby grapefruit or 2 sweet oranges
2 passion fruit
A little maple or agave syrup (optional)
1. Peel the mango, then slice it. To do this, stand mango on end and cut down abut 5mm/¼inch either side of where the stem was. As you cut down, you will feel the hard flat stone against the knife, and you will be left with two almost halves and the central stone section.
2. Cut away as much flesh as you can from around the stone and put it into a bowl; slice the two halves in there also.
3. Halve the grapes, hull and slice the strawberries, peel and slice kiwi fruits and add all that to bowl.
4. Hold grapefruit over bowl and cut away skin, along with pith, to reveal juicy ruby flesh. Cut each segment away from the translucent skin around it, letting segments and juice fall into bowl. Cut oranges same way if you are using these instead.
5. Cut the passion fruit in half, scoop out seedy pulp and add to bowl.
6. Give it all a stir and add the syrup if you are using it. Serve in the nicest bowls you have!
Give us your email address and we'll deliver delicious animal free recipes straight to your inbox each week.
What originally started life as the VVF’s subscription-based vegetarian recipe club, has become a bound, colourful introduction to vegetarian & vegan nutrition, with an emphasis on getting your essential vits through veggies.
Sweet and Sour Shallots
Men's Extra: 30g frozen fresh soya beans (...
Can't find what you're looking for? Ask Jane, our vegan guru!
Do you have a wonderful vegetarian recipe idea?
Got a veggie cookery quandary or vegan dietary dilemma that's not answered here?
Want to know more about vegan nutrition?
Want to find out more about going veggie?
Jane@vegetarian.org.uk or call 0117 9705190.