Moroccan Tofu Tagine with Peppers and Olives
1 teaspoon paprika 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper 1 teaspoon ground cumin 1/2 teaspoon turmeric 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1 pinch saffron salt and pepper to taste 2 packets smoked tofu 1 tablespoon oil 1 onion (sliced) 2 cloves garlic (chopped) 1 teaspoon ginger (grated) ½ yellow pepper, chopped ½ red pepper, chopped 1/2 cup water 1 cup green olives 1 tablespoon harissa 1 tablespoon agave syrup 1/4 cup parsley (chopped) 1/2 lemon, sliced
1. Mix the paprika, cayenne pepper, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, saffron, salt and pepper and rub it into the tofu.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan.
3. Add the onion and pepper, and saute for 3 minutes.
4. Add the garlic and ginger and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
5. Add the water and tofu, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Add the olives, harissa and agarve and simmer, covered, for another 10 minutes
7. Remove from heat and mix in the parsley.
8. Top with sliced lemon.
Give us your email address and we'll deliver delicious animal free recipes straight to your inbox each week.
What originally started life as the VVF’s subscription-based vegetarian recipe club, has become a bound, colourful introduction to vegetarian & vegan nutrition, with an emphasis on getting your essential vits through veggies.
Curried Sweet Potato Roti With its roots in India but more likely to be...
This ginger cake is very moist and sweet - as it uses crystalised ginger...
This dish is good as a starter or as a side dish. The mushrooms can be...
Simple and warming, the soup is good as it is. Or transform to a more...
Tomato and Lentil Soup is a timeless classic!
Can't find what you're looking for? Ask Jane, our vegan guru!
Do you have a wonderful vegetarian recipe idea?
Got a veggie cookery quandary or vegan dietary dilemma that's not answered here?
Want to know more about vegan nutrition?
Want to find out more about going veggie?
Jane@vegetarian.org.uk or call 0117 9705190.