Tropical Jelly with Peach & Raspberry Coulis
This dessert is easy to make but looks really impressive. Preparation is quick - just leave at least an hour for it to set. Agave syrup is a healthy natural sweetener - available from good health food shops and large supermarkets. NB. A coulis is just a posh name for a thin sauce!
Photo and recipe courtesy of http://flavourphotos.com/
500ml/18fl oz white grape or apple juice
1 sachet of Vegegel (eg Supercooks, from most supermarkets)
½ tin mandarin segments
1 large kiwi fruit
125g/4oz white seedless grapes
½ tin peach halves in fruit juice (without added sugar)
50g/2oz frozen raspberries
Optional Agave syrup to sweeten - as indicated in recipe
1. Peel the kiwi, cut it into small pieces and halve the grapes. Divide the kiwi, grapes and mandarin segments between four bowls. Porcelain bowls are best if you want to turn the jellies out for serving.
2. Follow the Vegegel instructions to make the jelly with the juice. Add a little natural sweetener if you want.
3. Pour the warmed juice over the fruit and let the jellies sit in a cool place. Once they have cooled down, chill them in the fridge for one hour.
4. Meanwhile, to make the fruit coulis, blend the peach halves with a hand blender and set the puree aside.
5. Liquidise the frozen raspberries with a little of the peach juice. Both fruit purees are naturally sweet but you can add a little agave syrup to taste.
Give us your email address and we'll deliver delicious animal free recipes straight to your inbox each week.
What originally started life as the VVF’s subscription-based vegetarian recipe club, has become a bound, colourful introduction to vegetarian & vegan nutrition, with an emphasis on getting your essential vits through veggies.
These are really good – try on a barbecue as well as in the kitchen....
This lovely quick recipe comes courtesy of our very own Helen Rossiter....
Simple but tasty, this classic nut roast is very good with any of our gravy...
Can't find what you're looking for? Ask Jane, our vegan guru!
Do you have a wonderful vegetarian recipe idea?
Got a veggie cookery quandary or vegan dietary dilemma that's not answered here?
Want to know more about vegan nutrition?
Want to find out more about going veggie?
Jane@vegetarian.org.uk or call 0117 9705190.