The vegan alternative to asparagus and Parmesan cheese! Delicious...
One bunch of asparagus (allow 5-6 large spears per person - more if spears are thin)
2-3 handfuls of nutritional yeast flakes (Marigold Engevita brand, available from health food shops)
1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and ground black pepper
1. Cut away any hard parts from the bottom of asparagus spears
2. Steam (preferably) or boil in water until cooked but still firm - about 7-10 mins
3. Spread tinfoil over the bottom of a grill pan and place spears on it, side by side
4. Sprinkle 2-3 handfuls of nutritional yeast flakes over top then drizzle olive oil over it
5. Grill on full until gratinee is golden - about 2-3minutes
6. Transfer to individual serving plates, scraping any residue from the tinfoil
7. Serve with nice bread as a first course or with new potatoes and salad
Give us your email address and we'll deliver delicious animal free recipes straight to your inbox each week.
What originally started life as the VVF’s subscription-based vegetarian recipe club, has become a bound, colourful introduction to vegetarian & vegan nutrition, with an emphasis on getting your essential vits through veggies.
A lovely soup for Spring! However, it's also worth making with other types...
This rich and nutritious dip makes an excellent starter, dip or sandwich...
A succulent and compassionate alternative to the traditional recipe!...
Can't find what you're looking for? Ask Jane, our vegan guru!
Do you have a wonderful vegetarian recipe idea?
Got a veggie cookery quandary or vegan dietary dilemma that's not answered here?
Want to know more about vegan nutrition?
Want to find out more about going veggie?
Jane@vegetarian.org.uk or call 0117 9705190.