Veggie Pigs in Sun-dried Tomato Blankets
A succulent and compassionate alternative to the traditional recipe! Lovely as buffet food or as a starter.
1 jar of sun dried tomatoes in oil OR the moister, ready-to eat (slow-roasted) variety
1 packet of vegan sausages (Fry’s, Redwood, LInda McCartney and Vegetarian Choice are all suitable – available from health food shops, Holland & Barrett – Linda Mac's from most supermarkets)
1 packet of cocktail sticks
1. Cook the sausages according to instructions on the packet. Let them cool a little.
2. Cut into bite size pieces on a chopping board.
3. Using a fork, take a sun dried tomato from the jar, shaking off any excess oil.
4. If a similar width to the sausage pieces, place the tomato over the top, then secure in place using a cocktail stick, piercing through one side to the other. If too big, cut in half.
5. Serve on a large sharing platter.
Give us your email address and we'll deliver delicious animal free recipes straight to your inbox each week.
What originally started life as the VVF’s subscription-based vegetarian recipe club, has become a bound, colourful introduction to vegetarian & vegan nutrition, with an emphasis on getting your essential vits through veggies.
The Gringas are made up of toasted tortillas filled with refried beans and...
We tend to think of baked beans as a tinned product, but of course,...
A tasty festive salad that is a treat for the eyes as well as the stomach...
A simple but tasty chocolate cake recipe that uses maple syrup instead of...
Mushroom and Tofu Satay
Can't find what you're looking for? Ask Jane, our vegan guru!
Do you have a wonderful vegetarian recipe idea?
Got a veggie cookery quandary or vegan dietary dilemma that's not answered here?
Want to know more about vegan nutrition?
Want to find out more about going veggie?
Jane@vegetarian.org.uk or call 0117 9705190.